This summer, socially-distanced picnics have been my main avenue for meeting friends in Seattle. And when I’m trying to make a good impression, I always bring a few homemade goods to any social event. Enter my foolproof pasta salad.
Not only is pasta salad the quinessential summer picnic food, it’s also incredibly easy, can be made well in advance and takes only 15 minutes to throw together.
My cousin taught me this recipe and I’ve used it countless times over the years – and I hope you will too! This recipe easily feeds 8+ people.
- 1lb pasta of choice (I used farfalle/bowtie)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion, cut into strips
- Heaping 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 6 oz container of traditional feta cheese
- 6-8 fl oz of Italian salad dressing (I use Newman’s Own)
- Cook pasta as directed. Once cooked, drain water and run pasta under cold water to stop cooking.
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, olives and feta in a large serving bowl.
- Pour salad dressing over pasta mixture, stir to combine.
- Let pasta salad chill in refridgerator for about an hour.
- Serve + Enjoy!